Work at Talent, Oregon, began as prayer meetings in April of 1943 with the help of Milo Ross, Lillian Frazier, and Lily Welburn, among others. Talent Friends Church began meeting regularly at a Baptist church on Oct. 3, 1943. George and Elenita Bales served as pastors after Milo Ross. Talent officially became a church on Apr. 8, 1949. The congregation moved in to a newly constructed church building on June 8, 1952. In 1982, a remodeled and enlarged church building was dedicated. Records include brochures, annual reports, written memorial speech, correspondence, newsletters, bulletins, Quaker origin documents, legal documents (war assets-building sales, "correction deed," church's Articles of Incorporation), financial documents, minutes, photo(s), 50th anniversary documents (including written history), directory, newspaper clipping, scrapbook ("History of the Talent Friends Church").