Skip to main content

Rex Friends Church, 1907-1976

 Record Group
Identifier: 64

Content description

Records include written histories, photograph copies, legal documents, and mintutes.
Content description Across the road from the schoolhouse in Rex , Oregon, a Union church was built in 1906, and was later taken over by the Wiley family and called the Friends Church. Rex Monthly Meeting of Friends was established on Feb. 28, 1906, largely due to the preaching of Amos Kenworthy, Harvey Crumley, and Elmer Pemberton. The church was sold, torn down, and built into a private home around 1920.

Dates

  • 1907-1976

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is available for research.

Extent

1 folders (The folder is labeled and located in YM00112, a box that includes records of other churches.)

Language of Materials

English

Summary

Across the road from the schoolhouse in Rex , Oregon, a Union church was built in 1906, and was later taken over by the Wiley family and called the Friends Church. Rex Monthly Meeting of Friends was established on Feb. 28, 1906, largely due to the preaching of Amos Kenworthy, Harvey Crumley, and Elmer Pemberton. The church was sold, torn down, and built into a private home around 1920. Records include written histories, photograph copies, legal documents, and mintutes.

Repository Details

Part of the George Fox University and Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends Archives Repository

Contact:
416 North Meridian Street
Newberg Oregon 97132 U.S.A.
502-554-2415