Skip to main content

Caldwell Friends Church, 1960-1993

 Record Group
Identifier: 7
Records consist of programs, newspaper clippings, directories, a city map/plan, bulletins, financial documents, and correspondence. This file also also includes a commemorative plate with the church building pictured on the front and history/pastors on the back.

Dates

  • 1960-1993

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is available for research.

Extent

1 folder (1 folder and one item (a dinner plate), one box of photographs (see accession 2014.12))

Summary

Caldwell Friends Church began in 1943; after property was purchased in 1945, the new church was dedicated on Apr. 24, 1949. A second church building was dedicated on Apr. 30, 1961. Records consist of programs, newspaper clippings, directories, a city map/plan, bulletins, financial documents, and correspondence. This file also also includes a commemorative plate with the church building pictured on the front and history/pastors on the back.

Historical note

Caldwell Friends Church began in 1943 as a meeting in the home of August and Rose Koch, and later in the home of Grace Howard. After property was purchased in 1945, the new church was dedicated on Apr. 24, 1949. Caldwell Monthly Meeting of Friends officially began on Dec. 28, 1949. Roscoe Townsend served as the first pastor. A second church building was dedicated on Apr. 30, 1961. Don Brown was pastor as of 2011.

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the George Fox University and Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends Archives Repository

Contact:
416 North Meridian Street
Newberg Oregon 97132 U.S.A.
502-554-2145